Lambda Class Intro - Christine Smet

Say hello to everyone!

Moderator: Sisters

Ate Groupie

Lambda Class Intro - Christine Smet

Post by CSmet » Tue Jan 09, 2018 10:16 pm

Hi everyone!

My name is Christine Smet, and I am a junior at the University of Washington, Seattle majoring in Informatics and American Ethnic Studies.

1. I'm originally from Southern California. I was born in the San Fernando Valley and then lived in Irvine until I moved to Seattle for college!
2. Serving the people is a large and important part of my life. I've been a member of Anakbayan Seattle for 2+ years now and this is my second year working at Highline High School as a College and Career Readiness Assistant through the UW Dream Project. I've also worked at API Chaya for a summer and spent a summer working at the International Examiner.
3. I love food (and have been low-key addicted to boba since 3rd grade). You can probably find me at Kung Fu Tea or Sharetea (depending on my mood), Eastern Cafe (because they have the best matcha lattes in Seattle), or Umi Sake House during happy hour (cuz that's when I can afford it lol).
4. I'm half Filipino and half Belgian. Both of my parents are first generation immigrants!
5. I've done an odd combination of extracurricular activities: I used to figure skate and do taekwondo when I was waaaay younger, and did policy debate for four years in high school, competing nationally with the UW team my freshman year of college.

Look forward to getting to know everyone! :dance4: